Buddhism & Taoism
Transformation with Taoism (Derek Lin)
Learn how Taoist philosophies can bring success . This best selling and award-winning author will share beautiful and captivating stories that make the Tao accessible to beginners, while still being powerful to practitioners. Spark your creativity, channel your negative energy into motivation, create tranquility, and reveal your True Self.
About our Guest:
Derek Lin is an award-winning, bestselling author in the Tao genre. With native fluency in both Chinese and English, he offers Tao Te Ching: Annotated & Explained, an original translation that sets a new standard for accuracy and captures the lyrical beauty of the original. His The Tao of Daily Life, a breakout Eastern wisdom bestseller, integrates Taoist stories with dharmic lessons for life in the modern world. His The Tao of Success reveals the secrets of the ancients to transform the self in order to live life to the utmost. Lin serves as the Director of Tao Studies at the Great Tao Foundation of America in El Monte, California, where he is an active speaker and educator on the Tao Te Ching as well as Tao spirituality in general. Lin applies the Tao to his work everywhere, from the financial industry to cutting-edge technology. Working in such diverse fields has given Lin an outlook that integrates the wisdom of the ancients with the practical experience of reality today—a powerful, synergistic way of life he is sharing with his readers..
- Want to have a life with more joy, lasting happiness, and peace of mind? How can you push for results and success in your work life and have mental clarity and purity? Check out how Derek discovered Taoism after 15 years of searching. Learn how these ancient teachings help him live a deeply spiritual life even while amidst chaos as a manager in the fast paced world of technology.
- Does letting go of attachment mean you should be apathetic? Listen to how Westerners often misinterpret the intention of this idea of letting go and how to create the best balance in your life.
- How do you live a real life, make money, and still find time to meditation? Derek offers his advice on how to fit it all in.
Check out the following websites to get you on your path:
- Great articles written by Derek – http://www.taoism.net/enter.htm
- Derek’s Blog: http://truetao.blogspot.com/
- Derek’s website: http://sites.dereklin.com/ with links to his books.