Consciousness & Awakening
Can artificial life have consciousness? (Deepak Chopra)
Deepak Chopra talks about the threats an opportunities that technology has in expanding our consciousness and our awakening.
Make sure to see Deepak when he’s here in Seattle on April 10th. Get tickets at eastwestbookshop.com
CONNECT WITH CJ
Facebook ➤ https://www.facebook.com/fireitupwithcj
Twitter ➤ https://twitter.com/FireItUPwithCJ
Fire It Up With CJ ➤ http://www.fireitupwithcj.com/
1) Do you think it’s possible for artificial intelligence to be conscious? Deepak talks about social intelligence and how it is a mirror of our collective consciousness and its ability to effect us. How can technology leads us to an awakening, so that we can become a better, more humane society.
2) Could artificial intelligence be the next step in human evolution? Deepak talks about technology are unstoppable in their capacity and outpacing our own evolution. Could technology be a threat and lead to our extinction?
3) What are the implications and responsibilities for developers of technology? Deepak asks that we look at technologies from a global and universal consciousness. There is nothing that cannot be solved by technology (e.g.- reversal of climate change, social and economic justice). Technologies can affect the whole ecosystem of the planet. The mantra for developers should be “love in action”.
4) How do businesses move from a profit in action state to a love in action state? Why would tech companies make these social solutions a priority? LinkedIn has compassion as one of it’s mission statement.
5) What would love of action look like? It’s well being on all levels. It’s physical wellness, career well being, job creation, job well being, community well being, etc. If we expand our definition of well being to these broader ideas.
Deepak Chopra, M.D., Author
Deepak Chopra, M.D is the author of more than 80 books translated in over 43 languages, including 22 New York Times bestsellers. His medical training is in internal medicine and endocrinology, and he is a Fellow of the American College of Physicians, a member of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, and an adjunct professor of Executive Programs at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University. He is also a Distinguished Executive Scholar at Columbia Business School, Columbia University, and a Senior Scientist at the Gallup organization. For more than a decade, he has participated as a lecturer at the Update in Internal Medicine, an annual event sponsored by Harvard Medical School’s Department of Continuing Education and the Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
“Deepak Chopra has successfully blended ancient Vedanta Philosophy with his unique perspective on modern medicine to provide a vast audience with solutions that meet many needs for our modern age. He is among the influential scholars, authors, and thinkers like Arthur Schopenhauer, Carl Jung, and Aldous Huxley who have found truth in the Perennial Philosophy and developed ways to help people apply that truth to their daily lives.”