Birds and Bee Talk (Dr. Rob Lehman/Julie Metzger)
Get ready for the birds and bee talk with your teen. Are you dreading the sex,drugs, and STD’s talk with your teen? What kind of conversation would you have to have with your son/daughter to convince him to wear a rubber? Get expert advice on how to have a great productive conversation with your child.
- Learn how your everyday your actions and behaviors teach your sex, friends and partners.
- What are the top 3 conversations you should be having with your teen about sex?
- Looking for some guidance on what kind of rules you should be setting with your teen about sex and natural consequences when they don’t meet your expectation?
- Want to hear Julie role model how to talk to your child about a difficult topic (e.g.- getting her teen to wear a condom)? Listen in to hear how experts talk to children.
About our Guests:
Julie Metzger and Robert Lehman have decades of experience with the adolescent and pre-adolescent mindset. They created and now teach the popular “Growing Up” program at Seattle Children’s Hospital and the “Heart to Heart” program out of Stanford’s Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital.
Robert Lehman, MD, has devoted his professional career to adolescent health care. As a physician, his practice has focused on teenagers in many different clinical situations, including schools, homeless clinics and public health facilities. He is also a passionate advocate for youth on the local and national level and has been on the University of Washington faculty since 1989. In 1990, he began working with Julie Metzger on the “Growing Up” series.
Julie Metzger, R.N. and M.N., is a pediatric nurse, writer and educator. She developed her popular “Heart to Heart, For Girls Only” program in 1989, and has taught the class to thousands of mother-daughter teams in Seattle, Palo Alto and the Puget Sound region. She is a co-designer and instructor of several other classes aimed at fostering child-parent communication in adolescence.
Check out the following websites and podcasts to get you on your path:
- Recent research on Teen Sex: http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/FB-ATSRH.pdf
- Details on Sexually Transmitted Infections: http://www.medinstitute.org/public/252.cfm