Buddhism & Taoism
Finding a little peace of mind (Lama Surya Das)
Whatever it is that you are feeling hurried and overwhelmed by can wait. Give yourself a few minutes during each day to be present and you’ll find greater focus and creativity, a relaxed body,and perhaps a little wisdom.
Segment 1: Living Buddha Standard Time– Despite modern technological advancements focused on saving us time, why is it that most people never have enough time in the day? What would happen if we spent less time looking at our watches and more time truly experiencing time by being present? Lama Surya Das talks about the big time (eternity) versus small time (clock time). Time is subjective, which is why time takes forever when we were waiting for our first kiss. Learn how to reconsider your perceptions of time. http://www.thedrpatshow.com/shows/cj-120112-das_seg1.mp3
- Segment 2: The Best Therapy Ever. How do we easily switch between linear and divine time? Learn from Lama Surya Das how being in the HOLY NOW can be the best therapy ever. How do you deal with your internal sense of panic when you feel like you are running out of time? How can we remind ourselves to tune into Buddha Standard Time? http://www.thedrpatshow.com/shows/cj-120112-das_seg2.mp3
- Segment 3: Live like a Lama– How the heck does a Lama live? Do Lama’s read email from the divine, and listen to Blue Tooth in the car? How does your life compare? Why does the younger generation give Lama Surya Das hope? What are the Baby Boomer’s obligation to the younger generation? How do external subtle energies (moon, body rhythms) effect our inner energy and how to harmonize with the world around us? http://www.thedrpatshow.com/shows/cj-120112-das_seg3.mp3
- Segment 4: Ask the Lama- Q&A – Is it possible that a person can be born into a computer? What did the Dali Lama say? What are risks of loading our consciousness onto a computer? Does Lama Surya Das ever get pissed off? What does he do when he gets pissed?http://www.thedrpatshow.com/shows/cj-120112-das_seg4.mp3
About our Guest:
Lama Surya Das, who the Dalai Lama affectionately calls the American Lama, has spent forty years studying with the great spiritual masters of Asia. He is an authorized lama in the Tibetan Buddhist order, and the founder of
the Dzogchen Center. Surya Das is the author of the international bestseller Awakening the Buddha Within: Tibetan Wisdom for the Western World and twelve other books, including his latest release, Buddha Standard Time: Awakening to the Infinite Possibilities of Now. His blog “Ask The Lama” can be found at www.askthelama.com. To see Surya’s lecture and retreat schedule please visit www.surya.org.
- Lama Surya Das’ website: http://www.surya.org/
- Books: http://www.amazon.com/Buddha-Standard-Time-Awakening-Possibilities/dp/0061774561/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1305111210&sr=8-1
- Book review: http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/books/books.php?id=21165