Buddhism & Taoism
American Veda – How Indian Spirituality Changed the West (Philip Goldberg)
Join CJ as she interviews yoga scholar, Philip Goldberg. Learn the history and connection between Eastern philosophy found in the Vedas and how it has permeated every aspect of our culture from music (Beatles), Christian Religions (New Thought, Christian Science, Agape), and literature (Emerson, Thoreau, Whitman).
The history of Yoga – How Yoga entered the West?
- Segment 1: Sacred Ancient Roots: How have the roots laid out by yogis, swamis, etc. filtered through our society? Listen to Segment 1
- Segment 2: East meets West: How Indian Spiritual leaders from the East adapt their teachings too the Western world? Listen to Segment 2
- Segment 1: Timeline: For the last 200 years Indian spirituality has been influencing our culture. Find out how?
- Segment 2: Meditation – What is Meditation from an Eastern and Western perspective? What light can the ancient texts (Vedas) shed on our Western perspective?
- Segment 3: Yoga– What do Westerners think about Yoga? How would an understanding of the ancient texts round out our understanding?
- Segment 4: Behind the Scenes: Gabbing, laughing, and shooting the breeze behind the scenes
Philip Goldberg – Yoga teacher and author of American Veda
Philip Goldberg is a spiritual counselor, meditation teacher, and ordained Interfaith Minister. The author or coauthor of 19 books, he lectures and leads workshops throughout the country. A novelist and screenwriter as well, he lives in Los Angeles, where he founded Spiritual Wellness and Healing Associates (SWAHA). He is the Director of Outreach for SpiritualCitizens.net and blogs regularly on the Huffington Post and Intent.com
# swami prabhavanada, ralph waldo emerson, osho, spiritual living, Philip Goldberg, Sri Aurobindo, Hare Krishna, TM, Goldberg, Sex scandals and religion, life coach, india, life, sex ad lies, beattles and religion, swami vivekananda, american veda, vedanta, Spiritual, CJ Liu, Spiritual, Yoga, Upanishads, Shakti, Yogananda, Bhagavad Gita, Indian Spirituality, Maharishi, Ayurveda, Vedic Science, Phil Godberg, Yoga Veda