Music, Writing, & Art
Finding the artist within: Switching Careers (Ellen Brook)
Do you ever find yourself with boundless creative juices and nowhere to go with them? What if you could tap your inner artist and unleash the creative genius that you truly are? Ellen Brook left her traditional job in the corporate and nonprofit sectors to become an artist. Her inspiring journey will fire you up to find your own inner artist in whatever form that may take. Hear Ellen Brook’s journey into switching careers.
- Segment 1 (1:30-1:45PST): Moving from a corporate job to becoming an artist.Ellen shares her inspirational story and is great reminder for the incredible rewards that life offers when we are willing to take risks into the unknown.
- Segment 2 (1:45-1:55PST): Finding your creative genius Artist and designer Ellen Brook shares her creative process with her work that offers a model for how you can tap your own creative genius.
About the Artist:
Ellen Brook is a San Francisco Bay Area artist who paints contemporary abstracts on silk. She creates vibrant and dynamic fine art — like watercolor on silk — as well as one of a kind original silk clothing.
Ellen’s artwork can be found in residential interiors, private collections, corporate settings, yoga studios and places of wellness. Ellen’s clothing can be found in retail boutiques, designer shows, through fashion consultants and on her new clothing site, www.ellenbrookclothingworks.com
- You can now buy her newest pieces directly online at www.ellenbrookclothingworks.com.
- To commission a piece go to: http://ellen-brook.com
- Bay Area listeners: Experience Ellen’s work first hand and check out her paintings at the Hinc Showroom at theSan Francisco Design Center and her clothing at San Jose’sMuseum of Art upcoming trunk show on April 19.