Compassion and Confidence
ADHD/ADD- A sound and loving approach (Dr. Edward Hallowell)
It’s often a combination of feeling both scared and relived when you discover that your child or you have a learning disability. While some see these conditions as disabiling or use it as an excuse not to live up to their full potential, Dr. Hallowell, an ADHD expert and child and adult psychiatrist, approaches the challenge in an entirely new way. Dr. Hallowell offers a powerful approach towards learning disabilities that is positive, pragmatic and loving. Learn the gifts of this condition and how to defend your child from teachers or work associates who could still benefit from learning the best way to create a supportive environment. Plus, hear Dr. Hallowell’s first hand experience of how he used his gifts of ADD and dyslexia at Harvard University, Tulane Medical School, and as a Harvard Medical Staff faculty.
About our guest:
Edward Hallowell, M.D., renowned ADHD expert and child and adult psychiatrist, is a graduate of Harvard University and Tulane Medical School and the director of The Hallowell Centers in Sudbury, MA and New York City. He was a member of Harvard Medical School faculty until retiring from academics in 2003 to devote his attention to his practice, lectures, and writing. He has authored eighteen books on various topics including ADHD, happiness, marriage and other psychological and social topics. He is a highly recognized speaker world-wide and has appeared on Oprah, CNN, The Today Show and many other popular shows.
- Part 1: How to manage your response and your child’s reaction to a recent diagnosis of ADD?
- Part 2: What may be your child’s experience at school and how can do damage control?
- Part 3: How can you support your child to be confident, happy, and embrace their unique brain?
- Part 4: How would you know if you had ADD?
- Dr. Hallowell’s website: http://www.drhallowell.com/
- Driven to Distraction- Dr. Hallowell’s book: http://www.amazon.com/Driven-Distraction-Recognizing-Attention-Childhood/dp/0684801280