Women Empowerment- Getting our lives and voice back (Mal Duane)
Are you sick and tired of waking up worried about your kids, your husband, and all your action items? What ever happened to your life? Where did “YOU” go? Join us as we talk to Mal Duane, author of Alpha Chick: Five Steps to Passion, Purpose & Personal Power is about “becoming” the person you were meant to be—living the life filled with love, honesty, and self-worth that you are meant to experience.
- Link to Segment 1: Women start giving their power away at a very early age. Mal Duane explains how we give our power away with each passing day and how you can regain your passion and power in your life. Mal offers her 5 step program on how to regain your life back.
- Link to Segment 2: Mal continues describing her 5 step program and how she used it to resolve her addiction issues with alcohol. Get inspired to make the changes you need to get your life back on track.
Blog Post from our Guest – Women Empowerment
I am honored to be teaching a class for an amazing group of women in a recovery facility. Over and over, the topic of abusing ourselves comes up. These women recognize that they put themselves last and take care of others first. Even people that have harmed them or been unkind come before they do?
Sadly, this is a common situation with women in general. We habitually put ourselves last. My thoughts are if American airlines is telling you to put your mask on first if the plane is going down, is a pretty strong statement about taking care of yourself before helping others. If we don’t, we run out of oxygen. Get the picture!
The practice of self-care over a period of time creates a stronger, self-loving confident woman that becomes a better contributor in everything she does. Her relationships, her employment and physical demeanor all become measurably improved.
Here are some tips on how to put you first.
- Take one hour in the morning for meditation/spiritual practice. If you need to get up an hour earlier than everyone else.
- Schedule a treat for yourself weekly. Maybe a mani/pedi or a message. How about a new book?
I just finished reading Debbie Ford’s “Courage”. Great information about pushing through life’s challenges.
- Take a walk in the middle or the end of the day, get some exercise and fresh air. It is a great place to think through important decisions.
- A new perfume, lipstick, or makeup can be a real refresher when we need it.
- Maybe watch an old romance movie on TV? Curl up with a cup of lavender or green tea.
- Create a vision board with pictures of things you would like to attract into your life. This is a very powerful practice. (Worked on my getting my home and my dog)
- Get a personal Life/Recovery coach for a session on how to create the life you deserve.
I would love to know about some of your favorite things that you do to nurture yourself. Feel free to comment here.
Remember, grab your mask first. It will all the difference to the ones you love.
About our Guest
Mal Duane is a Best Selling Author and Personal Life and Recovery Coach who has overcome life challenges using the steps in the Alpha Chick Process. Her personal mission is to help women excel in all areas of their lives from business to personal relationships. Mal has been featured with Fox 25 Boston Morning Show, Aspire Magazine, Healthy Living and Metrowest Daily News. She has also been a featured guest on over thirty Blogtalk Radio shows discussing recovery and personal transformation.
Mal’s book, Alpha Chick, Five Steps for Moving from Pain to Power, is a best selling book and is available on Amazon.com.